Sunday, August 16, 2009

What to Do with This Week's CSA?

Just in time for our CSA delivery this week, chow.com has chosen its August Cookbook of the Month and it is seems perfect for what we are getting this week. "Ottolenghi: The Cookbook," has caused a lot of chatter on the chow website and, from what I can see, the book looks terrific with some very creative recipes. In particular, there appear to be some pretty terrific recipes for this week's CSA.

The book appears a bit hard to get (not available on amazon). But discussion group has provided many, many links to on-line recipes. These include:

Peaches and speck with orange blossom (This looks awesome, pictured above. Speck is a dry-cured smoked Italian ham--if you find it tell me!)

There are also some terrific chicken and duck recipes discussed on the site, including roast chicken with sumac, za'atar, and lemon, seared duck breast with blood orange and star anise, and barbecued quail with mograbiah salad.

I can't wait for my Monday delivery!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, this is great! Thanks -- I can't wait to try some of these recipes. Also, Cheesetique in Del Ray sells speck. I'm happy to pick some up for you.
    Also, we just returned from a visit to Green Fence Farm. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deppens, if it's on night, I guess a salad with wine and for lunch a delicious piece of steak.

    ReplyDelete