Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Welcome to the Green Fence Farm Blog


Yes, that's right -- I have bowed to technological peer group pressure and started a blog. This is mostly selfish. It turns out that our customers (and employees, and parents, and friends, and siblings) all have better ideas about how we should run the farm and what we (or others) should do with all this stuff (food, primarily) we churn out. I'm hoping to have a discussion chain (or whatever they are called) for every CSA delivery on what you did with the contents of your share (unless, of course, "composted it" is your answer -- that would just hurt my feelings, and it is MY blog) or to ask others what you should do with it. I also want to post recipes using our products and allow you all to comment on them-- just like epicurious.com, except without the huge readership, incredible budget for traveling the world to find new foods, and Ruth Reichl. So, if you have a recipe you've used and liked, email it to me, and I will post it as it's own "post." Send a picture too, if you have it (hint hint, Sarah -- I saw your beautiful barbecued quail on Facebook).

I'll also use this to keep you up to date on any exciting happenings on the farm -- like our fabulous new refrigerated room (formerly a rabbit house) -- but I will be sure to label these posts something like "dull farm news" so you don't have to dig through them to get to the chicken recipes.

1 comment:

  1. Hello - Do you all still keep bunnies and sheep for fiber production? It seems like you've shifted away from that to CSA / veggies. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete