Thursday, June 11, 2009

THE Spinach recipe from Jaleo


CSA member Lynn used her spinach this week to recreate my personal favorite tapas at Jaleos. The recipe is (I hope) linked above. I plan on making this when I get back to the farm tomorrow, but I am not sure about the status of the spinach beds. The farm is currently in the care of Nick and our son, Austin (who many of you know from the Shakespeare Theater). I tried to ask them to go and check out the spinach for me, but they are both very cranky and not taking phone requests. Seems our house roosters -- the ones we let run around the farm to eat bugs (and we "harvest" when they start trying to eat children instead) -- have taken up residence under our cabin, more specifically, under Austin's room. They start crowing at 3:30 AM. I find this very, very funny, which is why no one is checking my spinach for me.

4 comments:

  1. Oops -- if you click on the title of the post, you'll get taken to the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to kill that rooster...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing cousin Nick a Happy __th Birthday! As a veteran of __yrs and 2 days I still cant bring myself to acknowledge that we really are that old best to keep ones head in the sand I feel, lots of love cousin Susan in good old Blighty xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been visiting this amazing blog since the first entry done and I think you've been posting the best information about recipes and ingredients... all is about good dishes and personal flavors. 23jj

    ReplyDelete